FINISHED…and proud :)

28 07 2010

I have finally finished the shed.  I put a final finish of natural paint on the exterior.  The natural paint has lime filler in it which will protect the earth plaster walls from the weather.  Ochre powder was added for the pigment, which Mrs. Beard had chosen out of the various neutral mineral pigments of choice from Bracker’s Earth Clays.  The paint itself simply consisted of a gallon of milk, 4 cups lime, and approximately a cup of pigment.  I made 6 gallons total to cover the entire exterior.  It was quite watery…. I probably could have added more lime filler than I did, but was just going off a recipe I found online.  It was successful nonetheless, and covered up the seams of some of the slightly varying colored plaster mixes that I had put on the wall.  The Beard’s had also just added the door the week before I painted.  So I was happy with the end result with the door in place.  I look forward to seeing it next year with some flowers growing around it 🙂

Here are the final pictures from my last days of work and the end product.  Thanks to all those who helped throughout the project!  See the People page.

Jana (builder) happily posing with the Beard's finished shed!

.

Painting the shed…..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.Before the paint…..

Advertisements

Actions

Information

One response

5 02 2013
allaboutsheds2012

Like the earth plaster, kinda looks like stucco. Very creative.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: